How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In the  construction of my pieces, I used new media technology that I hadn't previously used as I chose to do an ident video, when at AS I only used technology for a print piece. This included using iMovie for my ident video and also an app the I used to design my website named 'Nice n' Easy Web Builder 2'. The iMovie software was hard for me to use and I needed help from Steve, the film visitor who helped offer improvisations for our productions. I found that editing and cutting film was difficult to get used to buy after some demonstration from Steve I managed to edit my ident video successfully.

For my website design, I found the app very useful software and easy to use. However, there was a glitch in the website design software which meant some parts of it had to be manually coded. This had a negative impact on my timing when it came to deadlines as it was very unexpected and took time away from completing other tasks.

For my double-page spread, I was familiar with using Pages so I decided to use different software, in the form on Photoshop. This was more effective than Pages as there were more fonts and more effects to use. Also, because the software is based on photos, it allowed me to make the text and the smaller photo on my piece stand out from the main background picture. This would of been a lot harder to do on Pages and would have resulted in a lower quality standard final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment